Wednesday, June 29, 2016

My Foodie Adventure....Cotton Candy Grapes...YUM!

I have to say that I did this when I was young...My parents had this sugar bowl and when I had cereal in the morning I kept scooping sugar into it...I know they were trying hard to get me to eat healthy food in the morning, but I just couldn't stand breakfast foods, and sugar just made everything better.....
My foodie adventure this past  month was trying Cotton Candy Grapes...I had never heard of grapes that taste like cotton candy...I didn't really believe that they would taste like cotton candy either....
If you look at the grapes they look normal....But when you taste them....Well they really do taste like cotton candy...Which is one of my favorite things to eat....I had a lot of fun giving people a grape and watching them react to the taste...There is this look of surprise that they get when they finally taste the cotton candy flavor.
My daughter said after her first taste...Please get  me a whole bowl....She likes sugar as much as I do...
So I had to do a comparison of the grapes and cotton candy...well It was a good reason to go out and buy more of each...The sad thing is these grapes are seasonal and you can't buy them all year long...It used to be you could only get cotton candy if you went to the fair, but now you can get it at a store...But I like the fresh made at the fair better....
The question is how??? How did they get the grapes to taste like cotton candy?  My daughter thought that they coated the outside of the grape with a cotton candy flavor...My son thought that they used special flavored water to water the grape vines...
But from reading articles it sounds like it was how they combined different types of grapes....I'm not sure I totally understand the science behind it all, but I'm sure glad they made them...If you want to try these grapes you need to be at the store when they come in because they sell out really fast.
What new food have you tried?
G.G.
specialty grapes
cotton candy grapes



No comments:

Post a Comment