Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Garden Girls Foodie Adventure...Trying a Blood Orange.....

Most of my foodie blogs will be about trying new fruits and vegetables...So last week I tried a Blood Orange.
From the outside the Blood Orange looks just like a normal orange to me...
But once it is cut up ....Well that's a different story...The red color is a natural mutation of the orange fruit, this was not some crazy science project.    It has a blood red color because the fruit contains the presence of Anthocyanins.. a family of antioxidant pigments common to fruits and flowers.  It is supposed to have a mild raspberry flavor...to  me it tasted very much like an orange.  But I could just not get past the blood red color.  Good thing I only bought one.  So if you can get past the strange color and you like oranges you should try this.   I will stick with the original orange thank you. 
So have you tried any new foods in the last few weeks.  Let me know.  Do you like Blood Oranges?
Related sites
Blood Oranges
Blood Oranges a blog by someone who likes them
Blood Orange Recipes.
Have a great day.
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment