Thursday, July 7, 2016

Summer Makes Me Think About Morgan Horses.....

There was a time in my life when all I thought about was horses...OK...My whole childhood and teen years was spent thinking about horses... I didn't take photo's of flowers when I was young...I took photo's of horses...That book about the girl who will die if she doesn't get a horse...I'm sure that was written about me...
Every birthday wish...every Christmas list was filled with horse wishes...I remember my family went to Florida one year and you could sit on this tree and make a wish..Yes that wish was horses...And then one night I had a dream I was going to work on a horse farm...and a few days later a lady who had a horse farm called and asked if I would be willing to work for her.... Just out of the blue....
And that's when my horse days began...The very top photo is the first horse I ever worked with...Miss March...She is the reason I got to work with horses, she needed a very light person to ride her to help heal her hurt hip...That very lucky person was me... The horse farm was a breeding farm so there were lots of foals..and not many horses that were actually ridden... I spent my days learning to ride, and helping take care of the foals...and taking photos...I was in Heaven...
Not only did I learn to ride, but I got to take care of some horses that had hard luck stories...This is Intrigue...He was half starved when we got him, and the other horses that had been with him had bitten him up a little...we got him all nice and healthy over the summer and then I got to take him to some Morgan Horse shows...That was a very fun summer for me.
At some point I ended up buying my own Morgan Horse...Andover Wind Pepper... We called her Andi...She was a beautiful horse who taught me a lot...
I don't know now how I did it...High School...A part time job at the local grocery store...and working at the Horse Farm... All I know is If I could go back in time....I would spend a day riding my horse again...
Happy Summer Everyone....
G.G.
Is there a moment in your childhood you would go back and visit?






No comments:

Post a Comment