Friday, October 24, 2014

Throw Back Thursday....A Day late.....More pumpkin patch memories!

Halloween is almost here.....I can't believe how fast this month has flown by.  I had today off and for some rest and relaxation I looked through all the old scrapbooks and thought of all the fun we had when the kids were young at Halloween time.  One year instead of going to the pumpkin patch we went on the corn maze.  The kids had a great time jumping out at us from the corn stalks.
Don't they look scary!
I love this photo of my son, I almost think this was a pumpkin that grew in my flower garden.

Time spent with grandparents was always wonderful.
Here is when we took my daughter to the pumpkin patch for the first time...She is only 9 months old and already walking....That was a bitter sweet moment for me as I knew there would be no more little babies..she seemed to grow up so much faster as she was always trying to catch up to her brother.
I miss the young child joy that came with holidays.  I don't even know if the mature teen's will dress up this year.  Perhaps the fun this year will be watching the young families around us.. But if I don't hide the candy we will have to put a sign on the door, "no treat's here we ate them all!"  As somehow everyone keeps finding the Halloween candy and eating it.
Happy Fall!
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment