Sunday, May 25, 2014

Crocus....My favorite spring flower

The Crocus is my favorite spring flower.  These small flowers were always the first to bloom in my New Jersey garden.  They were the sign that soon I would be outside more, that soon I could begin to add new soil to the garden and plant new seeds. 
 I was amazed as I began to go through my flower photo's to find how many photo's I've taken of the crocuses in my garden.  It is the one flower that I have yet to plant in my Utah garden.  I have decided this year to plant some in a pot for next spring.  I remember sitting on the front steps waiting for the bus to pick my children up, and watching as the Crocus flowers slowly opened in the morning sun.
As the sun slowly warms them they open more and more....
Then as the sun sets they will close and wait to repeat the process again the next day. The colors I had in my garden where, purple, white, and yellow.  And then purple with white stripes and white with purple stripes.
Here are the Yellow ones.  I didn't have a lot of these.
 
 
 Here are the white ones.
The meaning of the Crocus is Happiness, Good Cheer and do not treat me badly.  Hmm... maybe I should bring a photo of one of these into work.  One of the people who works with me has not been the nicest to me lately, perhaps this could be a sign that they need to treat me better. 
I hope you enjoyed these photo's.  I know I've enjoyed looking back at all the photo's I've taken.  I hope to do a blog on Tulips next.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment