Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sandy, Riverton, Lehi....OH MY!

Sandy.... Sandy is where we live in the apartments.  Sandy is where we had wanted to find a house.  Most of my first home hunting photo's were houses in Sandy.  What I've learned is houses in Sandy are expensive.  I don't know why but they are.  This is a very nice house in Sandy near where we live.  The asking price is $274,987.   A bit over what we would like to spend.  It's a cute house and I'm sure we could fit all our dreams in here, but I don't want to be house poor.  The houses we could afford in Sandy, well they were old and needed work.  And really I've done that already, and really don't want to do it again.  Plus they were not near where we wanted to be, and the children would still have to change schools and their new friends would not be able to walk over to the house. 

Riverton.... Next I looked at houses in Riverton.  I wouldn't have minded living in Riverton as it's near where I work.  This huge house actually was in our price range, but it has absolutely no yard.  That's how new houses are built out here... Big house, little itty bitty yard.  I actually did not walk through this house.  Other houses in Riverton were a little old.  Or they needed work or were not big enough for the dream.  Also the housing market out here is moving fast.  I'd see a house we'd try to schedule a time to see the house and it would already be under contract.  I think in the last two weeks I've looked at 16 houses.  My husband has been brought out to see three.

This house is in West Jordan.  I haven't actually gone out to look at a house there yet...  This is the newest type of development.  These houses look cute don't they, but again you are so close to your neighbors.  You look out the window and see what's for dinner next door.  I just didn't like that.


Here is the back of the house.  Just a little too close for me.  There has got to be some balance somewhere!
Lehi Oh My!... We wouldn't mind living in Lehi, as my husbands friends live very close by. This house was really pretty cute.  The one thing I didn't like was that the garage was right next to the living room, and so the inside entrance brought you into the living room.  The carpet there was light colored.  My husband wouldn't want to be out working on the loud car right near the living room.  This was also a tri-level house and he really doesn't like them either.  It was also close to all the neighbors.


Here is another cute house in Lehi.  It was a little on the small side for us.  Again it had the different levels and my husband doesn't like that type of floor plan.  It did have a nice yard, the neighborhood seemed nice, though I think there was one questionable house. 
This house in Lehi has potential.  Don't think that this is a small house.  It has a lot of space.  It is a corner lot so we wouldn't have neighbors surrounding us, it backs up to a road, but not a main road.  It is fenced in.  And it is in our price range.  Across the street is farm land.  So this is a house we are thinking about. I'll share more sometime this week.  Wish us luck on our house hunt. Oh so this house has the same space inside the house and size yard as the house at the top.  Yet this house is about $50,000. less.  This house I think might be newer too. It is deffenitely a "Welcome To My Garage home.  But the door from the garage to the house goes into a cute entry way.  Much better for all.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment