Wednesday, June 13, 2012

In search of a new house, what I'm learning from this process..

A house, A house I'm looking to buy a new house.  Doesn't this house look nice from the outside.  When looking at photo's of houses on line it is hard for me to know if a house will be big enough for all our dreams.  Also I know nothing about Utah and the area's that are good and bad.  Thus the need for a good realtor.  So the first step in our house hunting was finding a good realtor, or more a realtor I felt comfortable being with.  We met with two and though both I'm sure were good, I choose the Lady realtor.  Since I have to do the majority of the house hunting I needed to feel comfortable.  Today will be our second day of driving around and looking at houses.  The photo's for this post are from our first day.  We looked at six houses.  This was the house we looked at with the first realtor.  It is pretty.  It is very typical of Utah houses.  The Garage right there in the front of the house.  We say (my husband and I)  this is the "Welcome to my Garage house". I really thought that the house would be big inside.  I have a lot to learn.  It was actually quiet small.   It would not hold all our dreams.  Plus it was very near the railroad tracks.  I think I want to get away from that.  We lived by railroad tracks for 14 years.  So I really don't want to repeat that.

Here is a house that from the outside looks nice, yet it was a bit too old.  It needed a lot of work.  I like the brick houses as they feel cool inside.  But this house just needed too much work.  I also think that this house had a funny smell to it.  Most of the houses we looked at on the first day were vacant.  These people had dogs I think.  The realtor told me that to get rid of the smell takes work and money.  I really want a house that you don't have to do too much work on.
 This house was another no.  It wasn't in the best of neighborhoods, and again it was near the railroad tracks.  For me from the outside it looks big, but inside you realize that it really is quite small.  It had a large yard, but the railroad is behind the yard. It also needed work and updating.  I sometimes wonder if I will find a house.
Another thing I learned, Photo's can be deceiving.  I didn't even go into this house.  Why?  Because the driveway actually slants down ward and pretty extreme at that.  It doesn't look like it from the photo but it does.  And my husband will not have a sloping drive way.  This house is also near the local High school and a block from the football stadium.  I would say it would get pretty noisy when the games are being held.
So here is the photo of the house we liked.  It has a garage that would fit my husbands car, it has enough bedroom's and bathrooms.  It has a great mountain view, and a nice lawn.  But it might just be a tad too small.  All the dreams we have might not fit in this house, and so we continue to look.  Because when you buy a house your stuck with it for a long time.  I want to find the right house without feeling pressure.  It's hard as I get so many conflicting opinions of late on buying a house.  But I know my husband wants a house and a garage.  So we are looking and looking.
Both my husband and I like this type of rambler/ranch  house.  Here are some of the photo's from the inside.
The dining area.  I really liked this part of the house all the light!
The kitchen.  It's small but really nice and the cabinets are really hard wood.
The mountain view.  Wow.  Beautiful.  Just wish that there was just a little more room inside.
Well soon I'll tell you about the house that I really loved, but found out it was a huge fixer upper.  I have to say I'm bad at realizing that!  So glad for my realtor and my husband for pointing out all the issues.  I don't want another supper fixer upper.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment