Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I went starving and left filled....

Part of Family history work for me is taking the names of my Ancestors to my churches Temple and doing work for them.  Yesterday as I was about half way to the temple I realized that I had forgotten to eat breakfast.  Not an unusual thing for me, but usually once I realize it I'm at home and can get something to eat.  I could have turned around and gone home but I felt the need to go to the Temple.  So I went in with a growling stomach and the worry that it would continue to growl while I was doing my Temple work. 
The first wonderful thing was there was a waiting line of 45 minutes for the work I wanted to do.  So I spent this time reading in the Bible.  I opened to where there was a marker and read Psalms 147.  "Praise ye the Lord: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely."  I  really enjoyed this moment of quiet and reading the beautiful Psalms.  I really like this qoute because I love to sing hymns of praise at church and at home.  One of my goals this year is to find more uplifting music to play while I'm at home to bring the spirit in to my house.
Then as I was doing my work, I pondered on the names of those I was doing work for.  The thought came to me that these people are such distant relatives that should I really even be worrying about doing this.  And such a sweet answer came to me.  I learned that these people although distantly related were ones who had no one else looking for them and it was good that I did this work.
As I left the Temple I felt so filled with the Spirit. The thought came to me that I had entered the Temple starving and yet I left filled.  Not physically filled but spiritually filled.  I can't wait to go back tomorrow.  I'm so thankful for the Lords work and his Temples. Good luck in your search.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment