Thursday, September 24, 2020

First Day Of Fall. A beautiful fall walk by the Bridal Veil Falls. September 22, 2020

 

For the first day of fall we finally headed out for a new nature hike adventure.
I have been waiting weeks to get back out on
a nature trail.

We decided to do the walk along the Bridal Veil Falls.
It was so beautiful.

This trail is pretty flat and paved.

It was the perfect temperature out.  You could 
be in shorts but you didn't feel like you were too hot.
The trees are just starting to change color and they are beautiful.

There were people out walking, biking and
skate boarding.  But we were able to stay a good
distance from other people.



I was so glad to see a variety of wild life.



Have you ever seen ducks sleeping?
In the top photo it has it's eye open.
In the bottom photo it is closed. 
I was amazed at how close to the trail they were.




I think this was my favorite animal sighting of the day.
A turtle!  I have never seen a turtle in the wild here in Utah before.
It reminded me of our walks in New Jersey. 
We used to see turtles all the time.

I think it knew I was photographing it, look
how it's turned it's head.  I love how clear it's reflection is in the water.

I like how you get the fall colors reflected in the water with
this photo.

This was a pretty long trail.  It was so nice to get out.
Mr. James hurt his back at the end of August and driving has
been one of the things that caused him to really feel his back tighten up.
So we had been keeping close to home.

I just am always amazed by the beauty of the mountains.

I love walking in fallen leaves in the fall.  Do you?

At the end of the trail was a cool old train.


I also thought this old VW Van looked cool.

We had fun investigating the train, it's
a snow plow.

A new shadow kissing photo.
I have fun doing this photo pose.  I'm eventually going to make a 
book with all the places we have done this.


I hope we get a few more weeks of fun fall walks,
before it becomes cold.

The water was so calm here I got a nice photo with the reflection.

This is the Bridal Veil falls.  It was actually at the beginning of the walk.

If you are in Utah you should check this trail out.


Well I hope you enjoyed the photos, and that you are healthy and safe.
I look forward to fall, cool weather and seeing the changing colors of the trees.
We are all healthy and doing well.  The kids are doing college mostly online.
My husband and I continue to work and enjoy our days off together. 
It's been a strange year, but I have actually gotten into really good physical shape.
You don't know how out of shape you are until you really start to exercise.
I'm enjoying challenging myself.  In October I am doing my first virtual fun run.
Have a wonderful fall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment