Thursday, September 24, 2020

A Morning of playing photographer. September 15, 2020

 

For the last 3 to 4 years I have usually walked around the gardens
once a week.  This year it's been more like once every other week.

I finally had some time to just stroll about and pretend to be 
a photographer. I love photography.  

This flower just looked so cool and I loved it's colors.

Something that I love about gardens is all the different
colors, shapes and textures of the plants found in them.

The bees were very busy today.



I loved this grouping of flowers.



This is a fig plant.  I don't think I've ever seen
a fig plant before.  I love how they have a learning garden and every
year they plant new plants.  I never realized how big a fig leaf was.


I got a lot of photos of bee's bottoms.

This is an interesting looking flower.  I love the
purple color with the green background.

Black Eyed Susan Vine.


This has become a favorite spot for me to photograph.




I want to put a book together with the different 
flowers.

Their Victorian meaning and possibly a poem
about the flower.

I'm always thinking up projects, someday
I will actually do them.




I was happy to get a photo of the humming bird.
Birds are not easy to photograph.
They move around pretty fast, so when I get a nice
photo It makes me very happy.



I was thinking one thing I like about fall is all the different
grasses that are in bloom.  They have a look and texture that
I really like.
















With the Covid Virus still here, and needing to wear face masks everywhere,
it's nice to get out in the fresh air and for a moment feel like life is "normal".
I have come to the point where on my days off I want to be places where I don't have
to wear a face mask. I work hard to do all my shopping before my days off so I don't have
to go to stores.  One thing I have been doing more often is family history research.
I have found so much more information lately.  I find it amazing that I have been doing
family history research for 20 plus years now and I can still find new information.
I love searching through old records and finding family connections.
What have you been doing during this pandemic?
Have you been working?
Have you been avoiding crowded places?
I have also been exercising a lot.  I started doing a very moderate pace walking on my treadmill
 and it took me an hour to walk 3 miles, now I'm jogging and can do 4 miles in an hour.
It's so nice to have a way to decompress after work.  I've realized just how not in good shape I was.
I might have looked ok, but my body was not in top shape. Each month I set new goals
for my physical, emotional, and spiritual well being.  It has been a really
good experience for me.  
Well I hope you are all doing well.  Keep safe and healthy.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment