Wednesday, June 10, 2020

June bird watching with Mr. James. 6/10/2020

The weather and our schedules have kept us from going
on any really fun dates.  The Pandemic also
keeps us from going out sometimes too.

This Tuesday we had cool weather and time together.
It was interesting to see what birds were still around. 
I was hoping to see baby birds, but maybe we missed the babies.

Last week was so hot, then over the weekend we had lots of rain 
and it cooled off.


I think there was a nest near, this bird was not leaving his perch.

I love these birds they are so fun to see.



I'm not sure what kind of duck this is, I don't think it is a mallard.

This is a new bird.  I will have to look and see what type of bird it is.

This is a Killdeer.

I thought this thistle plant was pretty.



We like to sit here on the bench and watch the birds.
It was such a nice day.  We met another person who was
walking their dog and had a long chat.


It's nice to get away in nature and not think of all that 
is going wrong in the world right now.
We had such a relaxing afternoon.

This Heron almost looks perhistoric.
We even saw a mother with two young birds walking.
They were not close enough to photograph.

An American Coot on it's nest. 

This bird is just so beautiful and the interesting thing
is that it's feet are yellow.  The other photos of it
are not as good but you can see the yellow feet.


I need to print out some new photos and make some cards.
I may also make some photography books. 
We thankfully are still staying healthy. 
I hope you are all staying healthy too. 
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment