Friday, July 14, 2017

My Selfish Year...Finally after 20 years I had a week to myself.....

This past week was the first time I have been on my own in 20 years.  A week of not being the Taxi Driver, the Cook, the Maid, the Cheerleader, the Nurse, and all the other things that Mom's do on a regular daily basis.
So I have to admit I did do a lot of cleaning on my week off.  But that was part of my plan for the week.  And the really nice thing was that once something was clean and the way I liked it, it didn't get changed, or messed up.  I didn't cook one meal. I had take out food every day.  Which meant no dishes to do.  Yes ladies I had a week of not doing dishes!
I spent my nights watching my favorite movies...I had a girls night out with one of my best friends..
I had time working in my garden, and then I took a nice long walk at the Ashton Gardens....
I had a lot of quiet time.  And it was wonderful... Part of my selfish year is just doing things that help me heal and become balanced again.  And this week was a much needed week for me.  I think in some respects my whole family needed the week that we had each in our own place learning about ourselves and each other.
I'm excited for my family to be home and hear about their adventures. While it was nice to have a quiet week...I think I'm ready for the noise and crazy schedule of family life again....
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment