Thursday, April 20, 2017

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission.....Waiting for the Call....

This is another short post...Once all the appointments and paper work are done the application to serve a mission gets sent to the church headquarters.  Other than helping in the doctor and dentist appointments I wasn't involved much in this process.  My son and the Bishop worked together to get this part accomplished.  I wanted my son as a young adult to be in charge of these changes in his life. I think it was a good experience for him.  At some point in November 2016 all his paper work was submitted.
And then you wait.  The wait is usually about 2 weeks.  So every day you check the mail box looking for a big envelope.  I have to say it was the first time in a year that I was excited to look in the mailbox.  The previous year going to the mailbox caused anxiety for me as I was taking care of a legal issue and while it all ended very positively for me most of the correspondence was through the mail and sometimes just thinking of it was not fun.  But waiting for "The Call" that was fun.

I think the other thing about waiting for "The Call" is that everyone had their hopes of where my son might go.  I was hoping he would go to England or Scotland as that is where our ancestors are from.  My daughter probably hoped he would go to Japan as she loves Japan. My husband was thinking he might go back to New Jersey.  My son just hoped he did not go somewhere in Utah.  Friends and family members made guesses on my facebook page.  My brother came the closest to where he got called to by guessing New Mexico... This part was all very much like planning a vacation, you are planning and dreaming but nothing is really real or set.  There is more relaxed day dreaming than there is reality.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment