Friday, April 21, 2017

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission...The Call To Serve.....

Finally in December he recieved that big envelope in the mail that held his future call in it.
We all had to wait till my husband got home from work to open it.  I think that was the hard part, having the envelope there, but waiting to open it.  Where would he be going??
We have a video of him opening his mission call.  which I have tried to upload, but unfortunately at this time it is to long.  I'm going to try to edit it. 


Here he is getting ready to open the his mission call.  Inside the envelope is a letter telling him where he is called to serve and a booklet with all the things that need to be done before he leaves on his mission.  Looking back I realize I should have read through that booklet.  But I wanted my son to be in charge of preparing.  My Son was called to serve in Mexico.  I can say that he was happy.  I have watched the video a few times this week, and he just looked happy about this call.  From December to April we have been going through and doing all the work it takes to send a young man off on a mission.  If I thought all the appointments and such were a lot to apply to serve a mission.  All the preparation after receiving the call is about as daunting.  It was a learning experience for our whole family.  Since December I have thought a lot about Hannah from the Old Testament.  Wanting to have a child and promising to give him to the Lord.  How hard it must have been for her to give her young son to the priest at the Temple.  It has been a hard few months helping my son to prepare to leave, but in my heart I have known that it was the right thing for him.  This was one of his dreams ever since he was a young boy.  I'm very proud of him and his choices.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment