Monday, August 1, 2016

Missing our Manasquan Beach days....

Summer makes me miss our beach days...When the kids were little and I was a stay at home mom every weekend we went to Manasquan beach.  We would drive down around 3pm and stay till about 10pm... It was my husbands job to watch the kids and I got to sit with my feet in the sand...or walk and collect sea shells..
Our kids loved the beach...At first they just loved to play in the sand, and get their toes wet..
As they got older they learned to swim, and ride the waves...We always had dinner at the beach, either Carlson's "Cheese burgers and fries"  or GEE GEE's Pizza...
This was our summer, week days at the pool and weekends at the beach...you went down for a few hours and felt as if you had been gone for days.  We haven't found that favorite spot here in Utah, that place where when you go you feel relaxed and time seems to go slower.  I hope at some point we find that, as life just seems to fly by here and we never really feel like there is time to rest.
I love looking at all our old photos...We had some wonderful summers...Hope we get to go back in a year or two...
Do you have a favorite place to go in the summer where time just goes slower and life is just perfect for a few hours?
G.G.




No comments:

Post a Comment