Sunday, January 3, 2016

Keeping your torch lit....The begining of my Spiritual Journey of 2016

So today in church the third our lesson was on keeping your torch lit as you run the race of life...Or keeping the Light of Christ with you and as your focus.  It was nice to discuss how we are not in competition with others and our journey is our own and ways to keep our focus daily on the Savior...
As I pondered about this I thought of all the things I've been doing in recent weeks and how this will help me on my Spiritual Journey this year.  Above are the books that I have purchased or have been given in the past few weeks.  I have had a wonderful end to 2015 and I believe much of that had to do with my turning my thoughts to the Savior.  I have been searching for him through out the Christmas season, more than focusing on worldly activities.  In this I found that Christmas was a wonderful time this year.  It has been the best Christmas since we have moved.  And the only Change that really took place was my focus on Christ.  I have been feeling the need to learn how to be a light to others for the Savior...How do I live each day so that I can bring God's light to others?  That has been my question for the past few months..
Today the challenge at the end of Church was to work on your spiritual light by trying to do something spiritual for 30 days... And so here are the new books I will be reading in the next month that I hope will help me grow closer to my Savior...
One of my friends gave me this book to read...I think I have read it before...But my focus has been the Savior for a few months now and so perhaps reading it again will give me more understanding...


The focus of our Sacrament meetings last year was keeping the Sabbath Day Holy and reverence during the Sacrament...I got this book to help my focus stay on the Savior during the Sacrament..
These three books are my search for what life after death brings...I love to read books on this subject I have actually read the top two books and now reading them again as I am working on writing a book and they are helping with this process and the bottom book is interesting and frustrating and slow to read...But I always come away thinking more about life and death and how I look to the Savior after a few pages of it...

This is the last of the "Spiritual Journey" books for the month...I hope to gain more insight into the parables of our Savior while reading this book... I hope this year to do more spiritual blogging on Sundays it was one thing I wanted to do more of last year but did not have time to do...  Let me know if you have read any of these books and what you may be doing to grow closer to the Savior.
Here is the link to the talk from the Sunday lesson today... Finish with your torch still lit....
Happy New Year!
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment