Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Growing Old Scares Me.

At almost 52, I am realizing that growing old 
is a scary thing.  Most of the people I love the most 
are aging fast and watching their difficulties is heart breaking.

I hope I grow old gracefully. I try to exercise daily,
fuel my body with healthy food.
But that doesn’t mean life will be easy.

Life’s journey teaches us lessons. My most recent lesson 
has been to be grateful for moments when I am not 
in pain.  I hurt my back, and the last few weeks 
have been trying.

My sweet Mother in law is now in a nursing home.
She has a hard time remembering people. 
I miss her, she was like a second mother to me.
I feel so sad that she has been suffering from memory loss.

I hope when I get to be her age,
That if I forget everyone they will 
Understand it was not my choice, 
and that I loved them all my life.



Most of all I love my dear sweet Husband.
Do you look at the aging process with a little bit of fear?
Kimberly 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment