Thursday, December 10, 2020

Our Bowlby Family Christmas Letter. December 2020

 


Dear Family and Friends,

Someone enjoyed helping me with our Christmas letter this year.  She even had to have her own computer.

She spent most of her time reaching out and attacking me while I was trying to put our Christmas letter together.  She is our spoiled cat.  She will be very sad when the pandemic ends because all the people who have been at home will slowly leave her.  She has learned how to get anything she wants by going from person to person and crying.  After every meal she needs cuddles and she lets those in the house know it.  I don't think anyone dislikes this need, as I seem to have lots of photos of us sleeping on the couch with the cat.  Here is our Christmas Letter...

Merry Christmas.  We hope this letter finds you and your family healthy and safe.  2020 has been very different, despite the pandemic we have had many good things occur for our family.  We thought we would share some of our memories of this year with you.
Gabrielle earned her Black Belt in Karate this past January.  She has been doing karate for
8 years.  We feel really blessed that the event took place in January as it was the last big event we
went to in the year 2020.  Gabrielle was supposed to study abroad in Japan this past summer, 
even though that did not happen, she made a friend with a person who grew up in
Japan and spent many days this summer learning more about Japan and learning to speak
Japanese.  She will someday get to Japan and know all the best places to visit.  Gabrielle
continues to excel in college and is now studying Quantitative analysis of business and Japanese. 
She has spent this college semester at home learning through on line classes.

Jacob is in his second year of college.  He has been commuting to school for a few of
his classes and doing others at home.  His classes have been centered around art and film this year.
His is trying to get into the schools animation program.  He has passed the first class and next semester will take more of the classes that he needs to possibly be one of the few students allowed to study animation at his school.  He has also continued to study the Spanish language and culture.  If he does not get into the animation program he is thinking of studying linguistics.  He likes learning new languages.  Jacob in his free time enjoys competing in art and animation contests online, he has won some interesting prizes.


Jim's job was considered essential this past spring so he has worked through the pandemic.  On his days off he spent time working on some cool old cars which we drove around this summer.  He also went exploring Utah with me.  We enjoyed hiking and bird watching this summer, going anywhere that you could be mask free.  Jim is the extrovert of the family so the social distancing has been very hard for him.
I work for a grocery store so I got the pleasure of watching panic shopping in March.  I may have
had a few panic attacks watching it.  My work has been very busy.  I am grateful that I work in a little room away from the customers most of the time doing the accounting for the store and not out on the sales floor.  My life was not as hectic as many of the other associates that I work with.  It has been interesting for me to see what items just never stay in stock right now.  I also have felt very blessed because I had a lot of vacation time and so I took quiet a few staycations this year.  On my staycations Jim and I went on lots of hikes and found that Utah has a lot of waterfalls.  Utah has so many beautiful trails, I look forward to doing more hiking next year.  I also rode a horse for the first time in 24 years!  It was wonderful!! I may even get to ride again this coming summer.

We hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
From,
Jim, Kimberly, Jacob, and Elle.













 


No comments:

Post a Comment