Monday, June 19, 2017

Mom of a Missionary....Waiting to hear from my son...The First e-mail.

We dropped my son off at the Airport and then the first thing I did was put his flight information into my phone, so I would know when the plane landed.  Then I waited, and waited to hear from someone that he arrived safely.  We did not know if we would hear from our son or from someone that ran the Missionary Training Center.
I set up our count down clock, and waited some more.  I think that is the hard part of every week.  Getting to the day before you are to hear from your missionary.  You want that day over, you want to have that e-mail...you want your weekly connection.... here is our first e-mail...That was it for a whole week all I knew was that my son arrived safely and that he was safe and I would hear from him in a week.... But really that is a blessing.  We are blessed to have e-mail.  How long would we have had to wait had there only been snail mail.
Hola!

I've arrived safely. I can't talk a lot right now, but I assure you, I am alright.

Preparation days start next week. Fridays are my P-days, just so you know.

I love you! Try not to be too sad, okay?

~Elder Bowlby

Do you have any missionary memories to share?  
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment