Sunday, July 12, 2015

My Retail Therapy.....Coloring it's how I meditate and find quiet in my life

Working in Retail can be crazy...To survive you have to be a little crazy and you have to have ways to get rid of the day to day stress....I'll admit I'm a little crazy....and I am starting to find ways to get rid of the stress...This past month I worked 9 days straight. It wasn't planned it's just what happens sometimes...By day 8 I was physically, emotionally, and spiritually drained....I was on the verge of what I call an "F-Bomb" day.  I intend to make a blog post about my "F-Bomb" day soon....But I was just done to put it very mildly. 
I knew that I needed quiet and I needed something relaxing to do....When I feel this way I get my markers out and color.  There is something about the repetitive motion of coloring that is soothing, and the ability to just let everything else go and just focus on color and patterns that help me to relax....My mind goes blank and all my troubles fall away and I become absorbed into the picture....It can take me days even weeks to finish a page because I like to slowly change the black and white picture to color. 
I had tried to learn how to do "Zen Tangle" and draw my own things but that just didn't work for me.  I was to critical of what I was doing and was unable to find that quiet that I needed.  So I was glad to find these books to color.  I actually have a few that I hope to buy....Do you have something you do that helps you relax? Coloring is my first step into learning to meditate....I hope to slowly learn how to be still and find silence and connect to the universe...I have a hard time sitting and doing nothing, and coloring it helps me to be quiet and yet move....
Well how do you find ways to leave the stress of the world behind?
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment