Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dear Ancestry.com : Please choose me for DNA Testing!

I have been working on family history for at least 10 years now.  I love when I find photo's of the people I'm researching.  I love reading about what life might have been like for them.  One thing that I would love to take part in is Ancestry.com's DNA project.  I would love to see how my DNA connects to others.
As I think about the prospect of having my DNA added to this data base they are making I actually would like to also have my children's DNA taken too.  This way I could see not only my families DNA connections but my husbands too.
From what I have found my husbands family is English, Irish, German and Slovak.
My ancestry is Scottish, Irish, English and then on my grandmothers side there is a possibility of Native American ancestry too. 
There is an unknown parent in my grandmothers line, and perhaps that is where she comes up thinking she was part native American.  But I would love to see what a DNA report would say to this.
So I'm very much hoping to hear from Ancestry.com that they have room to test my DNA. 

I have found a great author who's books I'm devouring right now.  The name of the author is Susanna Kearsley and the two books I've read so far are " The Winter Sea"  And  "The Rose Garden."  I'm now reading her book "Mariana"  They are all historical fiction books that take place in Scotland, and England.  "The Winter Sea"  Takes place in Scotland near to where my ancestors lived.  It was interesting to read about their time period and what life was like for them.   The book I've just started reading takes place in England.  Actually in the same area where my ancestors are from and one of the characters has the same last name as my ancestors.  What I like is that one character is sent to live with her relatives because the rest of her family died of the plague.  Right now I'm working on one of my husbands family lines and found one of his ancestors who died of the plague.  Yes right now I'm way back in the 1600's. 
I have found it very odd that as I connect families, someone in 2007 from my church had pulled the information for these people and put it into the church system as a church family history project.  Now I'm slowly pulling the names that they put into the system and connecting them into families.  It is interesting to see how all the work is coming together.  Some days it is hard for me to stay away from my computer and do other work.
Well it looks like we are down to the last few weeks before we move to our new home.  Seems like everything is in order.  I'm amazed at by how inexpensive the bills are for our new house.  I'm excited by the prospect of having a family history office.  I really can't wait to have more space for everyone.  My daughter is packing up stuff as I type!  I think she will be glad to have a room to call her own.
So any ways I'm on a waiting list to have my DNA tested for Ancestry.com.  When and if it happens I will let you know.  I really really hope that it happens this year! 
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment