Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Called To Serve Him...The last weeks before he left on his mission...

The last few weeks before my son left on his mission were packed with Goodbyes.  My parents came out to visit us and took us on a trip to Zion National park and Bryce.
When my children were little we spent a couple of weeks every summer with my parents, camping and hiking.  So it was fun to go hiking with them again.  And it was their chance to say goodbye.  My children, my husband and I are the only members of the church.  So everyone in our family is watching my son as he serves his mission.  
It was a great mini vacation!  Thanks Mom and Dad.
I took a lot of time off from work the week before my son left.  We had a lot of little things to finish up.  The Friday before he left on his mission we let my daughter skip school and we spent the day together.  The first thing we did was go to Kneaders for breakfast.  This is my son's favorite breakfast, their french toast.

In the afternoon we went to downtown Salt Lake City and walked around Temple Square and then walked around the City.  We ended up having one of the best, but most expensive dinners ever.  At dinner my son said, this is what makes life great, being with your family.  That is part of the Gospel message, families are forever.  My son will go out and talk to other people about how Heavenly Father loves them and that being with your family forever is part of the plan. 
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment